Hello again! It’s been 2 years since my last post. Although I have enjoyed writing and interacting with you, I reached a point when I got really busy with my daughter and I decided to use the little spare time I had to get back in shape by exercising and eating clean. When my daughter turned 1, I went back to work full-time and it was already very challenging trying to juggle work and family, while also moving to a new apartment, changing jobs or going through the difficult transition period when my daughter started going to kindergarten. Busy 2 years and it is about to get even crazier when our second baby comes.
Back to the topic of this post, I decided to list a few things that were going through my very pregnant mind one week before my due date:
- The waiting process is even more difficult: on one side I know what to expect and that I need to take advantage of each day to relax and rest as I found the first 3 months really difficult, but I am more anxious than last time to meet and hold my baby
- There is no better workout than taking care of a 2-year old: with my first pregnancy I gained 23 kg and now only 16 kg while having a huge appetite and eating much more than I should. Sitting on the floor and then getting up was basically impossible the first time and now I do this all the time – with a bit of effort I can still do my pedicure, an activity that was impossible in the 9th month of my first pregnancy
- Not enough time to take into account all of the things I religiously paid attention to with my first pregnancy – I am definitely much more relaxed when it comes to skincare and beauty items or the things I eat, but still paying attention to the essential things (such as avoid raw meat or unpasteurized dairy products, stay away from harsh chemicals), but I am no longer reading the label for each eyeshadow I use
- Preparing the hospital bag and the things I need at home for the first months was done with no extra research – I basically know what I need and skip all the other useless stuff I wasted my money on the first time (e.g. Size 50 clothes that are soo cute but that were already too small when my daughter was 2 weeks old)
- Sibling rivalry – the first time I read parenting books I was skipping the chapters about preparing the older child for the coming of the baby, but this time those chapters were the only thing I had time to read and a big stress topic for me, since our daughter loves being the centre of attention for both of us all the time. Jealousy is bound to happen, we just need to see how it is going to manifest and then react the proper way
- How can we manage it all? When I look at parents with 2 children I honestly don’t know how they managed to go though the first year. To me age 2 seems super easy as most of the time the child has more patience and understands what you explain. So quite a long time, since we start all over again.
I am planning to share my experience with you, so if you would like to get updates, make sure to follow me to get a notification when I post something new.